Sedation – Improving Patient Care
Stanley Malamed, DDS & Gordon J. Christensen, DDS, MSD, PhD
Are you using optimal sedation procedures? Let an international expert update you and your team on the categories and methods for sedation, ranging from simple oral techniques to general anesthesia. Which sedation methods are ideal for specific clinical situations? What are the best medications, common side effects, appropriate time of delivery, and potential complications? Dr. Malamed shares essential knowledge from his vast clinical experience, education, and research.
Table of Contents
- What is Sedation?
- When and Why Is Sedation Needed?
- What Is the Goal of Sedation?
- What Are the Sedation Techniques Used in Dentistry?
- What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Each Route of Administration?
- What Are the Success Rates for Each Route of Administration?
- What Are the Drugs Used Most for Each Route of Administration?
- Education Requirements for Each Sedation Route
- Complications Associated with Sedation
This title is available in streaming format only