Rubber Dam - Still the Best Dry-Field Technique!
Gordon J. Christensen, DDS, MSD, PhD & Professional Staff
Contrary to popular belief, rubber dam saves time and frustration, and it significantly reduces airborne-microorganism contamination! It also helps to ensure high quality treatment. Experienced dental assistants should be able to place a rubber dam in less than five minutes. Observe Gordon and dental assistants use the newest and best rubber dam concepts for various clinical situations. Understand the types of dam (including non-latex), punching instruments, frames and holders, forceps, lubricants, and proper removal of dam. A great presentation for both clinical staff and dentists!
Table of Contents
- Popular Uses of Rubber Dam
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Rubber Dam Use
- Rubber Dam Characteristics
- Rubber Dam Accessories
- Clinical Example - Rubber Dam Placement
- Clinical Example - Rubber Dam Removal
- Rubber Dam Placement for Special Situations