Making Dental Caries Prevention a Win-Win Concept
Streaming available today. DVD ready to ship late April 2021.
Gordon J. Christensen, DDS, MSD, PhD & Rella P. Christensen, PhD
Prevention can be a win-win concept for both patients and dental professionals. Even though your patients may struggle to change bad habits, they desire to reduce caries. Developing a preventive practice is possible by staff, dentist, and patients working together. Many of your patients will take the responsibility to integrate the following concepts into their lives, and with few exceptions, this will allow them to have no or few dental caries during their lives. The following concepts are included in this video:
- Use of prenatal fluoride supplements in the second and third trimester of pregnancy.
- Influential ways to increase positive oral hygiene behavior by non-threatening patient education about dental caries, prevention, and financial implications.
- Development and implementation of a childhood preventive/restorative contract for your practice.
- A proven technique for dental sealants.
- Establishing adequate oral hygiene in early childhood by parent example and child motivation.
- Influencing patients toward a reasonable and healthy diet from childhood and through maturity.
- Use of high-level 5,000 ppm fluoride toothpastes for susceptible patients and other preventive products for optimal at-home oral hygiene.
- The best preventive restorative materials and how to use them.
- Developing a successful regular recare/hygiene program.
- How to influence patients to receive more frequent professional oral hygiene care as they age into maturity.
Contrary to popular belief, preventive dentistry can still significantly increase revenue. Build a successful practice with the reputation of concern for patient’s overall health and wellbeing.