Ergonomics – Reduce or Eliminate Pain from your Practice Day
Gordon J. Christensen, DDS, MSD, PhD
Up to 80% of practitioners have pain and/or dysfunction in their back. If you knew how to avoid this debilitating challenge, would you? Gordon has gathered many long-proven ergonomic principles that seem to have been forgotten. He also recommends properly designed equipment available on the market today that will greatly extend your ability to continue practicing dentistry into your middle-age and greater years.
Gordon shares the most current research about standing vs. sitting. Emphasis is placed not only on prevention of body pain related to improper practicing posture, but also how to relieve current pain. Every practitioner, both young and mature, will benefit by implementing principles of proper ergonomics while practicing.
Table of Contents
- What Does Ergonomics Mean?
- Advantages of Working in a Good Ergonomic Environment
- Objectives of Video
- Commonly Occurring Health Challenges for Dental Personnel
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD)
- Reasons for Health Challenges
- Factors Beyond your Control
- Your Overall Health
- What Can You Do About Ergonomic in Your Environment?
- Misconceptions about Ergonomics
- Move Your Body!
- Sitting vs Standing
- Personalizing Your Operatories
- Patient Care Delivery Systems
- Rear Delivery, Side Delivery, Over-the-Patient Delivery, Over-the-Head Delivery
- Size of Operatories
- Entry to your Operatories
- Fixed and Movable Countertop Height
- Sink Locations
- Operating Lights
- Radiation Tube Head
- Patient Chair Characteristics
- Patient Positioning in the Chair
- Clinician Stool
- Assistant Stool and Posture
- Four-Handed and Six-Handed Treatment
- Location of Computer and Monitors
- Magnification, Loupes, and Microscopes
From our clients -
"I have always been interested in Work Simplification. Your new video “Ergonomics – Reduce or Eliminate Pain from Your Practice Day” is “Right On”. A must for everyone who wants to enjoy practicing by more COMFORTABLE and EFFICIENT" Don Vollmer DDS
"I had the same seated position as you do. I understand more (because of primarily restorative) why over the patient delivery was best for me. Your professional way of making videos is spectacular."