Antibiotic Prescribing: Controversy or Consensus?
Do you need to prescribe antibiotics for endo, implants, or impactions? When is prescribing mandatory, and when is it elective? What should you know about the threat of “superbugs” and how they will soon influence your patients? Should you prescribe a partial or full dose? All of us have had the education to prescribe responsibly, but treatment standards are changing constantly. Therefore, regular education is required to stay up-to-date. Karen Baker, a well-known clinical pharmacist and popular speaker, helps you upgrade your knowledge about antibiotics available today, their current dosage requirements, and potential drug interactions. Serve your patients and optimize their treatment by making the best antibiotic decisions by today’s standards.
Table of Contents
- Antibiotic Stewardship and Development of AMR
- Importance of Penicillin Allergy in Dental Practice
- Indications for Prescribing Antibiotics in Dental Practice
- AAE and ADA Guidelines for Prescribing Antibiotics
- How to Choose the Most Appropriate Antibiotic to Prescribe
- Antibiotic Therapy Prescribing Steps and Patient Assessment
- Antibiotic Prophylaxis for Prevention of VGS Endocarditis
- Summary of Major Clinical Points for May 2021 AHA Guidelines
- ADA and AAOS Timeline for Total Joint Arthroplasty Prophylaxis
- AAOS AUC Applications in Clinical Dental Practice
- Is Prophylaxis Indicated for Other Implants and/or Devices?
- Where Do We Go From Here on Antibiotic Stewardship and Dental Prescribing?
- Bottom Line for Best Dental Clinical Resources