Avoiding Implant Failures and How to Treat Them
November 2019 class is now waitlist only. Please call (800) 223-6569 to be added to waitlist. Register for May 2020
What do you do when implants are obviously failing, but you have thousands of dollars of prosthodontic treatment supported by the questionable implants? Many dentists have the mistaken opinion that implants are better than teeth and need little upkeep. However, after over three decades of observing root-form implants in service, dentists are seeing the same periodontal diseases around implants that are observed around teeth – peri-mucositis and peri-implantitis. The percentage of implants with these diseases are reported as high as 45 percent after only a few years of service. What can be done in the early and late stages of implant disease? When should an implant be taken out?
- Identify and describe peri-implantitis, and peri-mucositis.
- Discuss the relationship of medical conditions to implant failure.
- Discuss the relationship of medications to implant failure.
- Describe the levels of implant failure.
- Discuss treatment of early, moderate, and advanced peri implantitis.
- Describe oral hygiene to prevent recurrence of implant diseases.
- Describe dental hygienist maintenance of implant diseases.
- Discuss rescue of failing prosthodontic treatments.
Learn what can be done with failing implants and how to do it, or when to refer it in this course.
- Course 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Lunch at noon (1/2 hour)
- Dinner & Discussion 5:00 to 6:30 PM
- Course 7:30am - 1:00pm
- Brunch & Discussion at 10:00 (1/2 hour)
- Adjourn at 1:00pm