The Little Dental Drug Booklet
Peter Jacobsen, PhD, DDS
This is the most valuable reference booklet for every dental office!
Find the drug, copy the script, done! The Little Dental Drug Booklet has been used by dentists and dental offices for over 20 years. This pocket-sized book is designed as a quick reference for the drugs most commonly used in dental practice. It includes practical, practice-oriented suggestions made by dental professionals and a section on prescription writing and prescription requirements.
The booklet provides dental professionals abridged information on prescription writing, useful websites, and common abbreviations. It also covers specific medical situations and the appropriate medications to be used, including, but not limited to:
- Pain Management
- Bacterial, Viral and Fungal Infections
- Oral Soft Tissue Problems
- Salivary Hyposecretion/Salivary Hypersecretion
- Prophylactic Antibiotic Coverage
- Prevention of Orthopaedic Implant Infection in Patients Undergoing Dental Procedure
- Antiresorptive Agent-Induced (Bisphosphonate) Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (ARONJ)
- Pregnancy and Lactation
- Tobacco Cessation
Handy subject and drug indexes are provided to make searching fast and easy.
The Little Dental Drug Booklet includes Canadian brand names.
Updates to This Edition
- Updated prescriptions for: Anxiety Control/Anxiolysis, Pain, Viral Infections
- Updated ADA/AAOS Guidelines for Prevention of Orthopaedic Implant Infection in Patient's Undergoing Dental Procedures
** Hint - Gordon likes to keep a copy at the office, and a copy at home for weekend/evening emergency prescriptions.