Optimal Perio Techniques for General Practice
You have patients that can benefit from the addition of periodontal procedures in your practice! Examples of simple periodontal procedures include bone grafting, ridge preservation, crown lengthening, periodontal flap surgery, and mucogingival surgery. Incorporation of many of these procedures will increase the success of subsequent implant placement, promote retention of natural dentition where possible, and improve overall gingival esthetics.
Join Jon & Kevin for this highly practical, immediately useful hands-on periodontal course!
Helpful Tip: If you are considering 2 or more PCC hands-on classes, we strongly encourage you to check out our Christensen Continuum Program. You can save over 30% off your course tuition by joining the Continuum Program and receive additional free benefits.
- Course 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Lunch at noon (1/2 hour)
- Dinner & Discussion 5:00 to 6:30 PM
- Course 7:30am - 1:00pm
- Brunch & Discussion at 10:00 (1/2 hour)
- Adjourn at 1:00pm
Attendees gain the skill sets necessary in a hands-on setting using pig jaws. At the completion of this two-day course, participants should be able to:
- List the principles of successful hard tissue augmentation
- Accomplish the steps of extraction socket grafting and ridge preservation in your practice
- Select the appropriate bone graft materials
- List the indications and contraindications for mucogingival surgery
- Discuss the importance of keratinized gingiva
- Accomplish periodontal surgery
- Accomplish incisions, flap elevation, flap positioning, osseous reduction and suturing in your practice
- Discuss consent forms, insurance and postoperative care
Please see our course cancellation policy