What's the Best Laser for my Practice?
instructor: Robert Convissar, DDS, FAGD
Join us from the convenience of your individual home or office for this LIVE interactive course Saturday, April 17, 2021
Though lasers were first introduced to general dentistry more than 3 decades ago, most dentists still know very little about them. Many dentists purchase what they believe is the least-expensive laser, only to be disappointed that its high cost in disposables and limited power severely restrict their ability to realize a significant return on investment (ROI) in this remarkable technology. Others purchase these high-tech devices with no more education than a CD and a pat on the back. The goal of this course is to educate the generalist, specialist, and hygienist about what lasers are, how they work, what they can do, and more importantly want they cannot do. Dentists that do not yet own lasers will learn what wavelength is best for their practice, while laser users will gain critical knowledge about how to take their laser use to the next level. Laser use will be illustrated via slides and real-time videos of dozens of procedures found in everyday practice. Questions to be answered during this course include:
- Do I want to spend money for a hard-tissue laser, or are there less expensive alternatives?
- Is there really such a thing as an all-tissue laser?
- What laser will work best for my practice? For my patients?
- By the end of the course, the attendee will understand:
- The differences among the various lasers
- The indications and contraindications for each wavelength
- How to select the best wavelength for their practice
- How to maximize ROI with the laser you already own
Saturday, April 17, 2021
Start Time: 9am Mountain (11am Eastern, 10am Central, 8am Pacific)
End Time: Noon Mountain (2pm Eastern, 1pm Central, 11am Pacific)