Gordon J. Christensen | Clinical Practice
Dr. Gordon J. Christensen is Board Certified by the American Board of Prosthodontics
What is a prosthodontist?
Prosthodontics is one of the seven recognized dental specialties. A more descriptive name for the specialty is “rehabilitative dentistry”.
Prosthodonists have 3 or 4 years of specialty education after the 8 years of university pre-dental and dental education. They prevent or treat any oral condition that causes loss of teeth, bone, or soft-tissue in the oral cavity or related structures.
Some of the preventive and treatment procedures include:
- Prevention of dental caries (decay), periodontal disease (diseases of the gums and bone), occlusion (the “bite” or the way you chew), and oral lesions, (oral cancer, and many other soft and hard tissues of the mouth)
- Esthetic upgrading of the appearance of smiles with various treatments (such as veneers, whitening teeth, crowns, etc)
- Fixed prosthodontics (crowns and fixed bridges)
- Removable partial dentures (replacement of some of the teeth with removable partial dentures)
- Complete dentures (replacement of all of the natural teeth with removable complete dentures)
- Placement and restoration of dental implants for single teeth to the complete dentition
- Maxillofacial prosthetics (artificial replacement of parts of the face and head including the nose, eyes, ears and more)
- Restoration of parts of teeth (fillings, inlays, onlays)
- Bruxism (excessive grinding of teeth)
- Temporomandibular dysfunction (TMJ - diseases or malfunction of the jaw joints and the way you chew)
- Many other oral malformations, diseases, or accidents that require rehabilitation
Dr. Christensen practices a part of every week. He has provided seminars for dental professionals throughout the world on a routine basis for many years. Most of his patients are referred by other dentists and many are dentists themselves. He is also CEO of CR Foundation, the “consumers report” of dentistry (www.cliniciansreport.org) and Director of Practical Clinical Courses (www.pccdental.com).
HOW TO CONTACT US
Gordon J. Christensen, DDS, MSD, PhD
3707 N Canyon Road
Provo UT 84604
GETTING TO OUR OFFICE